Serving since several years, we are best man with van company.
They say that moving house is one of the most stressful times of your life which is why at The Move Team we have produced a check list for you to help get set up for your move. We aim to reduce that stress for you by doing our utmost on the day to ensure that everything goes smoothly.
When you decide to move:
- We Suggest you reserve an adequate parking space at both the collection and delivery addresses.
- Try to be on hand on the day of your move. Explain and label any items that are not to be taken by your move
- keep boxes or cartons to a reasonable weight, if possible under 50 pounds so that one person can carry them.
- Pack fragile items carefully and only store fragile items (e.g. glass and crockery) in boxes, not in furniture, as it is sometimes necessary to turn furniture sideways when carrying it or for transportation in the van.
- Provide plenty of padding to absorb shock.
- When loading is complete you must make a full inspection of your old home to make sure nothing has been left in error – if your movers have to make a second trip as a result of items being left in error you may face additional charges.
- Do not mix fragile and non-fragile items. Pack fragile items together and label the box fragile.
- As you pack, store boxes in the hallway or in rooms near the front door, so that they are close to the van.
- If you are completing on your new house on the day of your move it’s a good idea to be at the estate agents between 12noon and 2pm as this is usually the time they will be able to release the keys to your new home. If your there when the keys are released you will save time.
- At the delivery address you will be required to direct the movers to place items where you want them. Label rooms to make reference to the parts of your new home easier. It’s also a good idea to prepare a floor plan of your new home to help decide where everything goes.